Kuhoo strives to be India’s most customer-centric student financials service. Our mission is to serve customers and partners with the most trusted, frictionless and rewarding financial solutions for their needs. We’re looking for experienced Product champions who want to help drive the future of student lending & other related services in India through innovative credit products (to start with). India is one of the youngest countries in the world where out of every 100 Indians between the age group of 18 to 23 years, only 27 enroll for higher education. One of the reasons is higher costs of education and limited affordability of middle-class Indian families. The student lending team within Kuhoo has a mission to bridge this gap and enable seamless credit for all talented Indian students. So that the students can pursue their dreams. Kuhoo’s student lending will leverage business insights, data, and tech capabilities and will play a key role in achieving this vision.
A Product Manager at Kuhoo is an in-house entrepreneur who loves engaging with customers, uncovering stated and unstated problems, and finding the right product features to solve those problems. At its core, product management at Kuhoo is about understanding the customer and using technology and analytics to deliver great experiences.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent business acumen, product management skills, and the ability to cut through the noise and identify the most important tasks and projects. We are a data-driven organization and we like focusing on results, KPIs, and outcomes.
What will you do?
This is a key role for Kuhoo and requires a lot of cross-functional coordination – Determining product value proposition, competitive analysis, feature prioritization, user acquisition, and retention while working with teams across design, business development, engineering, legal, operations. You will need to identify gaps, pain points & opportunities where credit can transform the lives of students, parents, and partners. You will articulate compelling user stories, crisply define customer and product requirements, own the product roadmap, and refine specifications and architecture through the product lifecycle.
The role requires the creation of capabilities across the lending lifecycle in a modular lending stack (acquisition, onboarding, credit modeling, decisioning and post-sales service experiences, etc.). It also requires working very closely with multiple lending partners to define and deliver industry-best value propositions for different segments of businesses which can drive differentiation for Kuhoo. You will bring a heightened sense of ownership, thought leadership, and product building expertise to a fast-paced
Key Responsibilities Areas
- End to end product delivery, overseeing product roadmap strategy
- Feature delivery, engaging with stakeholders for QA, testing, and trade-offs for seamless product experience
- Manage a portfolio of products and comfort in product management methodologies, especially in agile software development
- Create detailed business/product requirement documents and user stories backed by supporting data and customer/market research
- Build a pipeline of tasks and projects to enhance the product features and optimize key customer journeys. Come up with a framework to decide top tasks and prioritize work for execution
- Identify opportunities to drive step-changes in business growth; increase engagement with product features and drive adoption of existing features
- Analyze, design, and optimize funnels to drive user action that leads to cross-sell and up-sale at later stages
Must have skills:
- 3+ years of experience in product, program management, or product marketing
- Experience in high growth financial services/ E-Commerce/Consumer Internet companies in product management – including Retail/MSME Banking or Fin-tech experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working with agile methodologies, scrum, etc
- Comfortable with writing user stories, features
Should have skills:
- Strong knowledge of Product Management tools and best practices – Workflow management tools like JIRA, Asana or Slack, Root cause analysis, retrospectives, etc.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory and supervisory bodies
- Comfortable with data, numbers, and metrics/KPIs
- Skills to divide requirements in user stories and prioritization for sprint planning
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders like development, QA, operations, business
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in the fintech – NBFC domain
- Experience With A Start-up
- Experience in vendor contract negotiations and managing vendor relationship
Qualification & Experience
- An Engineer with MBA from premier B School in India or abroad
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline from a top institute
The compensation includes a competitive package and the future opportunity to be awarded stock options of a high-growth start-up backed by reputed investors.
We welcome applications from all identities and walks of life.
We can’t wait to hear from you!