Kuhoo is a tech – enabled loan platform specifically designed to address the financial needs of students who aspire to dream big!
Kuhoo – The Edu FinTech, is building a founding team for creating a state-of-the-art web-based technology platform for superior customer experience. Our
Data Science team will play the a mission-critical role for the success. This will be a golden opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for democratizing education abroad and make it accessible to talented Indian students.
The candidate will play a key role in shaping the customer experience and will be proactively involved in defining the end-to-end customer journey. You will work directly with the Head of Data Science & Analytics at Kuhoo to capture insights and connect the dots to build the delightful customer experience.
Being a Data Scientist at Kuhoo, You should be comfortable in deciphering large amounts of data to build a business case. Building a story to drive innovation for our customers.
They say, ‘Data is the new oil’.
– Do you have the skills to extract maximum value out of data and deliver impactful solutions? As a new business we have ample opportunities for you to use your data science and analytics skills to create great experiences and drive customer and business value.
– We are looking for a driven individual who knows how to use the latest data science tools and techniques to solve difficult problems. The role will report to the Head of Data Science and Analytics. You will be an early member of the department and will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the roadmap and strategy for the area.
Join us as we start our journey to create great products.
What will you do?
– Learn the business: Develop a strong understanding of the business and products we are creating
– Identify opportunities: As we plan to launch, identify areas where we can use analytics and data science across the customer lifecycle and for our partners. Define those projects and opportunities.
– Define data requirements: Ensure that we are collecting the right level of data at different stages of the process. Review and define any additional requirements such that we have the data we need for future analysis and building statistical models.
– Understand 3rd party data: We will be using multiple 3rd party vendors including credit bureaus as part of our evaluation. You will need to understand the data coming through and how we can use that to improve our processes and build predictive models
– Build scorecards/models: Use internal and 3rd party data to execute both supervised and unsupervised machine learning based on the need and data availability
– Drive innovation: Constantly be on the look-out for using data science and machine learning to make our decision making more objective and full-proof
– Communicate clearly: You will need to translate complex data science stuff into easy language for rest of the team so that they understand the value of your solutions
Other Requirements :
– Must have used Python or R hands on as the key tool; Should know SQL
– Must have experience in building predictive models and using modelling techniques like regression, boosting etc.
– Should be from a top institute (IITs, NITs, BITS, ISI, etc.) or have done a master’s in data science/analytics from the US
– Should have dealt with customer credit files, bureau scrub and credit bureau data
– Should have derived variables out of raw customer or 3rd party data
Nice to have:
– Experience in the fintech/financial services sector.
– Experience with a start-up
– Knowledge of Data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI will be good to have
Qualification & Experience
– Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
– Minimum 3 years of experience in a data science and analytics role
– The compensation includes a competitive package.
– We welcome applications from all identities and walks of life.
– We can’t wait to hear from you!